WordPress is the most popular website builder in the world. It is easy to use and flexible enough to make almost any kind of website imaginable. If you’re either a realtor or developer and thinking about launching a real estate website on WordPress is incredibly simple. You don’t need to know any coding or much technical knowledge besides basic web hosting.
But one of the real benefits of WordPress is the community. There are a lot of great real-estate themes you can choose and setup with just a few clicks. These will make your site look pretty, I know you are thinking about, what about features?
That’s where real estate plugins can help, there are hundreds of easy-to-use plugins out there that can aid you in setting up a professional WordPress website for the properties under your responsibility. All you have to do is pick the right one for your needs.
If you’re putting up a real estate website on WordPress or editing an existing site then you’ll probably find a couple plugins here that can help.
WP Real Estate
WP Real Estate is brought to you by MyThemesShop, It is a new real estate plugin for WordPress with lot of cool features. It can be used for buying, selling, and rental properties as well. It will integrates with any WordPress theme, and the plugin allows you to easily manage Real Estate Listings,Listing Enquiries and Real Estate Agents, all from within your WordPress dashboard.
Features of WP Real Estate are:
- Advanced Search – smart, custom search with radius searching, attribute filtering & search near landmarks.
- IDX/MLS Integration – The MLS listings can be displayed with the relevant information pulled in automatically. The listings are also updated automatically to the most current information. You can be assured that your buyers are always getting accurate and current information about a listing.
- Rent and/or Sell – setup your website for only Rental properties or only properties that are For Sale. Or do both!
- Image Galleries – great looking image galleries. A drag and drop interface makes it easy.
- Smart Maps – Google Maps integration.
- Contact Form – automatic contact forms are inserted into each listing allowing you to easily capture leads
- Custom Fields – add custom fields to your real estate listings through the use of filters.
- Listing Types – the property type such as House, Villa, Land, Commercial.
- Listing Features – External & Internal Features can be added to any listing. Features could be Cooling, Heating, Swimming Pool, Tennis Court or anything else a property has.
- Listing Statuses – Statuses are displayed over the properties image and can be styled with different colors and icons per status.
- Theme Compatibility – works with all themes.
- List View or Grid View – allow visitors to choose their own style of viewing properties.
WPL Real Estate
WPL Real Estate is brought to you by Realtyna, it is an amazing flexible plugin for real estate and vertical markets. The system is designed in such a way that database management is fully flexible. This means you can add/remove/change the fields without custom changing the database. Sequentially, the property search function in WPL is flexible as well allowing the admin to set the desired search parameters from the administration panel.
Features of WPL Real Estate are:
- Enables you to add properties with a simple “Add Listing” wizard. Users and secondary agents can also add listings if you choose to allow it.
- Automatically hides fields without any information on your listings.
- Multiple listing, room, and property types (i.e. for sale, for rent, houses, offices, apartments, etc.) are available to categorize your listings and enable users to narrow down their choices.
- Users can search properties using a list of criteria, such as states, cities, and zip codes. The list of available criteria for searches can be determined by the administrator.
- Search results are displayed on Google Maps.
- Enables visitors to switch between two display modes when browsing through properties: lists or grids.
- By default, listings can be shared through Facebook, Twitter, or email.
IMPress Listings is one of the best WordPress real estate plugins. It was originally titled WP Listings but recently got a major revamp in version 2.0. This massively updated plugin supports custom post types for listings along with taxonomies for locations and current status items. It is easy for beginners to get started, and flexible for advanced users to create powerful real estate websites.
Features of IMPress Listings are:
- It connects with the MLS.
- You can migrate your AgentPress listings over to IMPress.
- The plugin comes with a featured listing widget.
- The search listing module has customizable dropdowns for things like locations, property types, bedrooms and bathrooms.
- The maps are inserted automatically so that you don’t have to embed them.
- Contact forms – Listing pages include a contact form for visitors to inquire about a property, or the form can be replaced with your own form plugin shortcode.
Estatik plugin is another excellent option to manage your real estate listings in WordPress. plugin helps you create easy-to-use WordPress real estate website. Main features of Estatik: clean design, customizable fields, responsive layout, comprehensive interface,photo gallery, search widget, Google map, social sharing, unlimited categories/types/statuses, labels, multilingual support. The major feature of Estatik is Fields Builder which allows to build any website you need with custom fields.
Features of Estatik are:
- An emphasis on a clean interface and visuals, as well as being fully responsive.
- Developed to be compatible with most themes out there, which allows for a high level of customization. However, it also comes with its own custom themes.
- Enables you to customize every field within your listings.
- As the administrator, you can enable front end property management and designate agents who can modify the listings.
- Includes several widgets such as advanced search, map view, and slideshows.
- Users can share links to properties via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn.
Easy Property Listings
Easy Property Listings is one of the most dynamic and feature rich Real Estate plugin for WordPress available on the market today. An easy to use plugin that provides the needed functions to configure a dynamic real estate website in minutes. Packed with advanced features, shortcodes and templates letting you create real estate websites fast.
Features of Easy Property Listings are:
- Includes a “Theme Compatibility Mode” that minimizes errors with most themes. However, there’s also a Manual Theme Setup option available for those who want to get their hands dirty and really customize the look and feel of their listings.
- Comes with support for multiple listing types (rentals, plots of land, offices, etc.) and pricing options (no price, price on application, auction, and under offer).
- Supports multiple currencies and locations, which makes it perfect for international listings.
- Fully integrated with Google Maps in order to display accurate property locations.
- Users can make appointments for inspections through an integrated calendar.
- Optional search widget available with customizable search fields for easier browsing.
- The API documentation is available to give more experienced developers more freedom.
The WP-Property WordPress plugin has been around for a long time and is one of the most downloaded real estate plugins on the repository. This plugin is for creating and managing highly customizable real estate, property management, and completely custom listing showcase websites. Although WP-Property can handle so much more than real estate. Showcase any kind of entity you want, from livestock, golf carts, to properties and products, experiencing unparalleled ease of use and flexibility on the way.
Features of WP-Property are:
- Easily filterable on any type of custom attribute.
- SEO friendly URLs.
- Integration with Google maps API validates addresses behind the scenes.
- Integrates with the built-in media library so you don’t have to use third-party gallery plugins
- Available in over 12 languages
- WP-Property seamlessly integrates with WordPress websites, no coding required!
- Specify search criteria and quickly sort results with a single click.
- Fully customizable dynamic filtering.
Essential Real Estate
The Essential Real Estate plugin gives you a lot of premium features in their free version of the plugin. You can easily customize and override the layout and functions. It supports global payments, single list properties, single agents, and more. This plugin essentially has everything you need to start a Real Estate website. It also has an impressive 5-star rating on the repository! It has custom post types, taxonomy features for properties, agents, packages, user packages, invoices, and even transaction logs. You can add new listings, edit them, and much more.
Features ofEssential Real Estate are:
- Easily add/modify all attributes for a listing (such as city, state, status, neighborhood, price, etc.)
- Flexible Search
- You can submit properties via both the frontend and the backend.
- Pays close attention to SEO, allowing you to even set the slugs for custom post types.
- Google Suggestions, Geo Location Search, Map Directions
- Supported Google Captcha
- Paid Submission Type: Free, Pay per Package, Pay per Listing
- Payment Method: Paypal, Stripe, Wire Transfer
All the plugins listed here have their own particular strengths, even if they do share some features that are common to real estate websites, Too many plugins can slow down your site which takes extra effort to fix. Real estate is a tough market to break into, but it can also be hugely profitable. An elegant and effective website will help you get a leg up over your competition. If you’re ready all you need to do to get started is, pick whichever plugin fits your needs the best,set it up, and start uploading your listings. Once you’re done with that, you can sit back think about improving your business.